The installation of the Collapsible Water Dam in a tile or manufactured shower pan with square corners is very similar to the process for the modular shower. The Collapsible Water Dam fits both of the above styles in acrylic, gel coat, vikrel, solid surface, and cultured marble.
Before You Begin
When installing the Water Dam, you need to have the proper end caps. For a square corned shower, the flat or square end caps are necessary. The square end caps will provide an appropriate and snug fit against the side of the shower’s wall. This square end cap along with a weighted shower curtain will create a lasting and water seal.
Make sure you have the proper length Collapsible Water Dam. For installation, an additional 6” is typically required (3” on either side) from the opening’s width.
Determine the location of the retaining dam. Double check that you have both the proper surface as well as the length of water dam to ensure a successful installation.
Tools and Materials needed:
Clear or white 100% silicone adhesive caulk
A bucket of water
1. Clean the shower’s threshold thoroughly. Ensure that all of the soap scum and shower debris has been removed with a standard bath cleaner. After the bath cleaner, chemically clean the predetermined area’s surface with rubbing alcohol.
2. Dry Fit: measure the required length. Be sure to include the length of the dam’s end caps in the overall measurement.
3. Measure and make the center point of the shower
4. Determine and measure the center point of the water dam.
6. Turn the water dam over, and cut the orange peel off the strip at its halfway mark. Then, peel back a portion (4” roughly) of the orange peel off the strip in one direction exposing its adhesive.
7. Line up the water dam’s strip with the pre-marked halfway point of the shower.
8. Press down and adhere the 4” section of the strip
9. Pull and stretch the water dam, lining it up correctly. Remove the remainder of the orange peel off the strip when ready.
10. Press the Collapsible Water Dam into place
11. Peel, stretch, align and pull the remaining half to the wall. Press the dam firmly into place.
12. Dry fit the Water Dam’s end caps to ensure a proper fit. The Collapsible Water Dam may be trimmed if required after stretching and adhering the dam).
13. Once a proper fit is verified, prepare to apply the silicone caulk to the dam.
14. Apply the silicone adhesive caulk to the floor, side wall, and male insert end of the end cap. Push in the male end of the end cap into the water dam.
15. Wipe clean with rubbing alcohol.
16. Allow 12 hours for the adhesive to fully set
Special Instructions for Grout Line Joints:
The grout joints or entire outer edge beneath the retainer must have additional caulk added to prevent soap and shower debris from lodging beat the Collapsible Water Dam. The dam’s adhesive does not adequately cover the bottom of the dam to allow it to absorb the weight of a rolling chair (collapsing). Be sure to wipe off any excess caulk and let dry before using the shower.a The Collapsiblae Water Dam will provide a long-term and easy to clean solution for your adapted shower needs.
Increase your independence and protect your privacy in the bathroom with Invisia’s stylish bathroom supports. Preparing for and planning a supportive environment around the home is essential - and your bathroom is the perfect place to start.
When you need help into and out of the tub, dependability and comfort are critical. Other bath lifts and accessibility products inadvertently overlook your comfort. The Mangar Bathing Cushion gives you the reliable support and safety you need without sacrificing any of your bathing enjoyment.
The Invisia line of decorative bathroom accessories will transform your bathroom into a spa-like refuge to relax safely. Experience security, peace, and luxury in your own home with the Invisia collection.