The great people have developed a convenient and free iPhone and Android App:
"The Alzheimer's & Other Dementias Daily Companion is a pocket guide to help get you through all the dementia care situations you likely never dreamed you’d have to face.
The App's Features include:
25 topic categories containing close to 500 searchable pieces of advice from experts and other caregivers regarding:
- Behaviors and situations
- Emotional support
- Helpful resources
- Ask a Question submission form if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for
- Functionality to share advice from your own experience for the benefit of other caregivers
- A built-in rating system for users to provide feedback on each tip so caregivers benefit from others’ insight and evaluation of the advice
- 24-hour caregiving assistance available via a toll-free phone number or email submission
- Access to free Alzheimer’s and other dementias caregiver resources and training materials
- Ability to access all of the solutions and tips without Internet connectivity
Overall this is a smart phone app designed for caregivers
For further caregiver and Alzheimer's information and news visit Live Oak's resources section here.
And for more up to date articles and issues visit Live Oak's News Blog.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
The Raiser Lifting Cushion is a new companion system to their patient, bathroom, and bedroom lifting systems. Applying their innovative, battery powered, pneumatic technology to the living room and beyond. The Mangar Raiser Lifting Cushion is designed to give an extra boost standing up from chair and support while sitting back down.
Developed by the National Council on Aging (NCOA), Falls Prevention Day was started to highlight the significant issue of falls and help older Americans prevent future falls. The day, September 22nd (the first day of fall), included special, scientifically proven fall prevention exercise classes. Including everything from Ta-Chi to the groundbreaking FallScape.