How to Safely Kickoff An Exercise Regimen
It is well known that routine exercise has numerous benefits for your mental and physical well being. But sometimes getting back into that routine can be a significant challenge.
With that in mind the National institute of Health has outlined some brief tips to begin or continue your regimen safely.
After having consulted with your physician.
- When starting an exercise program, begin slowly with low-intensity exercises.
- Wait at least 2 hours after eating a large meal before doing strenuous exercise.
- Wear appropriate shoes for your activity and comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that allows you to move freely but won't catch on other objects.
- Warm up with low-intensity exercises at the beginning of each exercise session.
- Drink water before, during, and after your exercise session.
- When exercising outdoors, pay attention to your surroundings -- consider possible traffic hazards, the weather, uneven walking surfaces, and strangers
Live Oak hopes that this article and these brief tips can help you begin your beneficial exercise routine.
“Exercise: Benefits of Exercise” NIH SeniorHealth
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Blog
Professional recommendations to help improve balance and reduce the likelihood of suffering a fall in you or your loved one's bathroom.